Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Every hour wounds, the last one kills...


Ah, here's a bit of the update. I no longer work at Hidden City Games. I am back to square one, unemployed. Yesterday, my 'new employer' let go of 20 people (approx. 23% of their staff). So I just got here, and now I'm out of a job. How did this happen?

1. Hidden City was awarded $15mil worth of investment money. This was probably supposed to last awhile. They spent all of it in three months. Our CEO admitted that no plan was put into place for the money, and no one was policing it.

2. Sales did not meet the projected targets that were set forth for 2007. Therefore, expenditures had to be reduced to the amount of revenue that was actually generated (again, way short of the planned goal). So where's the accountability? The guy who did all the forecasting and sales for 2007 STILL HAS HIS JOB! And his boss and 19 others including myself, don't!

3. Lucasfilm has filed a lawsuit against our CEO's other company (GenCon). http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/12058.html

Qua le fuck?

Off to find a new job...

5 comments:

Stacy said...

It sucks and I'm sorry :( but like I told you, you'll find something else. You're very smart and talented and there's lots of stuff in Seattle. I know you'll have a job soon.

Stacy said...

Everyone in the office just went to blog to read it. Everyone said THAT SUCKS!

Anonymous said...

While that sucks for you for sure - I laugh at the demise of a competitor! HAHAHAHAAHA - tears for you though...

E

Anonymous said...

That's George and Jonathan crossing pork swords gay there, dude.

~Justin

Anonymous said...

Wow, and just when I stopped calling you "my deadbeat friend Bob" I have to start all over again. I'm sorry to hear you got canned again. I swear, I leave the country for a little while and everything goes to hell in a hand basket. I think at the next job interview you go to you should ask the interviewer what their company's CEO would do with $15mil in investment money. That would be a big help in deciding to work for them.