Sunday, October 28, 2007

Harvest moon...


My parents are coming down this weekend for the first time since we moved down here (actually my mom and sister and family did come down one other time). To my parents, Memphis will seem like outer space. But they really do need to get out more. It's fall, and different birds are showing up to my feeder, including lots more mourning doves (which I like to call Mexican Pidgeons). Exit the migratory hummingbirds, enter the Juncos and Chickadees.
And yes, it's harvest time. Lots of pumpkins and cider and haunted houses, the latter of which I enjoyed last night.

Anyways, back to my parents, who will be staying with us. To stay at my place means you accept the following:
• We have yappy dogs that are high-strung
• I have hundreds of miniatures (monsters, wierdos, zombies, skeletons, etc) that will stare at you at night from their shelves on the wall.
• The coffee maker is working almost around the clock every day.
• The dogs have their own couch (keeps them off of the main couch).
• The neighbors are odd.
• There is always plenty of beer and wine.

I'll post pics of the parents when they get here. They'll be the older folks on this very blog, with the deer-in-the-headlights look.

No comments: